Tuesday 12 July 2011

Big day out for Bears

Being gluttons for punishment, the day after taking the bears to London, Papa, Toot, W and myself took the bears to our local beachy theme park. W's brother, our sister-in-law and our niece joined us too as it is Tink's Best-Day-Out-Ever place.


We had a fab day- lots of rides, a slap-up fish 'n' chip lunch courtesy of Papa, more rides, ice cream, more rides. After about five hours, the little ones were exhausted. There were tears. While everyone else went home for tea and a bath, Toot and I stayed out with the boys for another hour and a half, during which I had to have another go on the hair-raising upside-down-twisty-turny rollercoaster from hell with FHB. He was a very excited boy because it was the first time he had been big enough to go on the grown-up rides.


Now, I love a rollercoaster, but going on one with a very skinny seven year old is scary. I knew he was at no risk of falling out, but even so, I was hanging on to him all the way round incase he slipped his skinny little body through the safety seat. Heart in mouth time for me!


Anyway, all was well, obviously, and he had a tremendous time. His favourite bit was when he made me go on the water flume and I got soaked from my waist down. He owes me a bag of donuts for that!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment