Thursday 16 June 2011

In which I am...

:: recovering from FHB's busy birthday. Now he is seven, FHB is suddenly very grown up (in his own mind at least). Bedtime is now eight pm; he owns an ipod shuffle (and knows how to use it- which is more than I do); he can three-point-turn a remote control car; he asked to go out to dinner for his birthday, rather than have a party; he has very cool hair.

:: astounded that FHB can really be seven.

:: a little bit teary because these childhood days are slipping by faster and faster. It is not just that my little boy is not quite so little anymore, but also that daytime nappies and baby booster seats have disappeared from our life. No babies in this House of Bears anymore.

:: quiet. I have laryngitis and am feeling Below Par. I think this is just a reflection of how hard I have been working recently- it all catches up with you at some point, doesn't it?

:: relieved, because, for the time being at least, I am back at home with the bears and W is going back out to earn the pennies. I have missed my children and my home SOOOO much.

:: worried, because actually I quite enjoyed being back at work and I feel a bit guilty because I think I am going to miss it. No pleasing some people!

:: stir crazy. I feel stodgy and porky and in dire need of excercise and sunshine. That is a direct result of being stuck in a theatre department rather than doing the school run and riding a bike along the beach. This will be rectified. Being at work also makes me eat WAAAY more carbs than I would normally- I need the oomph, but my waistline doesn't.

:: itching to get Making Things. Work doesn't half get in the way of being creative. When I get home in the evening I am good for absolutely nothing except collapsing on the sofa. I am looking forward to picking up my hook, getting my sewing machine out, unearthing the box of paper and card and getting crafty. Creating things is necessary to my mental wellbeing I think, and when I have not got something to get excited about I feel a bit adrift.

:: going to pick up a book. I read voraciously when I can, at the expense of all else. I am thinking that Miss T and I could cycle along the beach, pull out the blanket and sprawl on the sand with a large thermos, a book, some yarn and a bucket and spade. Bliss...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment