Monday 1 August 2011

Summer Holidays: Week 1: Part 1

The last week or so of term is always hideous- that I was prepared for. What I had forgotten is the hideousness of the first few days off. My children are always vile. They have been WILD this week, bad tempered, tired-beyond-tired, more inclined towards violence than normal, excessively shouty and always slightly sweaty. They all have purple eyes and look as if they need more vegetables. I am sure they save this for when they see their grandparents.

Anyway...the day school finished we headed down to the beach for a fish'n'chippy tea. W told me off for being grumpy. Custard sat in the ketchup.


Going well.

The weekend was a quiet one, because this week following has been FULL.

On Tuesday we went to the Science Museum. Oh. My. Goodness.

I see, looking at the photos that it looks as if we had a nice time. I am sure the kids did. I sort of didn't really. They were literally climbing the walls (I kid you not. They were panelled and proved too much of a temptation for my boys).
With four children there is usually at least one having a good day. Not so on Tuesday. It started with FHB and Custard having a full blown punch-up in the back of Papa and Toot's car and degenerated from there. I shall not dwell on it any more as I can feel my stomach clenching and the stress returning.

Look, there were steam engines:


And the Apollo command capsule. My dad was Very Excited by this. So was FHB. My dad suggested buying him a one way ticket for the next flight. A Good Idea, I thought.


On Tuesday evening we drove up to Papa and Toot's house. To be continued...x

No comments:

Post a Comment