Friday 10 December 2010

Catching up

In a rare and most appreciated event, I have had a weekend away. Toot took myself and my sisters-in-law to Brussels to the Christmas markets to celebrate her birthday. What a star!

We stayed up by the EU and my bedroom overlooked parliament, which I thought was quite exciting:



It was about -6degrees and towards the end of Saturday it snowed enormous great pretty snowflakes. I was
far more excited by this than by the inconvenient snow at home. The lights were lovely:







I managed to do a few bits of Christmas shopping:



We had a go on the big wheel:




Really good views, but bitterly cold.

We had a couple of good meals, two slap-up hotel breakfasts, two exceptionally good nights sleep, a little Belgian beer and a lot of Gluhwein with Amaretto:



This should be Wrong, but turned out to be Oh-So-Right. Especially when consumed in copious quantities and atmospheric surroundings. (That's snow on the top, by the way).

And the best hot chocolate I have ever had. Venezuelan chocolate with just a little chili. Warmed your cockles from the inside out, that did:



Lots of fun, thanks Toot xxxx

Since returning I have:

*overslept by an hour and a half (and the bears still got to school on time)
*witnessed a reenactment of a High School Musical/Harry Potter mash-up, featuring Troy Voldemort singing 'The Boys Are Bad' while Harry Pottimer tried to wallop him with a wand made from a garden cane.
*admired Miss T's impressive black eye (now a boggy green with yellow stripes)
*FINISHED TWO CARDIGANS!!!!!!!!
*attempted making god's eyes with FHB. Not successful.
*finished my Christmas shopping.
*made a depressingly long list of things I need to get done before Christmas Eve.
*enjoyed secretly watching Custard dancing. He is still young enough to dance like a baby, arms outstretched, bum out, bobbing up and down.
*made marrons glace.
*been a little startled by the sheer amount of yarn I have.
*noticed that Somebody (small, blonde, female, not Miss T) has written all over my bookshelves. Must point out to vandal that writing one's own name when doing graffiti is not the most sensible idea.
*spent Some Time retracing our steps in order to find Custard's new hat. That he has had for a week.
*lost my temper with three bears who Will Not tread carefully on the icy pavements, near the icy roads.

And there goes another busy week...x

No comments:

Post a Comment