Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas catch up

Well hello! Hope you had a wonderful, warm, merry, cozy Christmas. In this house of Bears it was a hectic, noisy affair, but lots of fun and with much good cheer.

I did not finish the last of the elf-made gifts until the 23rd, leaving me not much time to do the many other jobs I had on my list before my home was filled up with another 10 people. Thankfully, I have wonderful relatives who pitched in merrily and we got there in the end. And then you reach the other side of Christmas and wonder what you were worrying about anyway!

So here is a short photo diary of our festive season:

Mouse was an angel in her school's not-quite-a-nativity-play:


At my Mum and Dad's for our early mini-Christmas we had two inches of pretty snow. Enough for snowballs and snow angels, but not enough to prevent us from getting home. Just right!


W bought me some Amaryllis (?) stems. Very pretty on my table:


The seven small bears in our house on Christmas Eve left Father Christmas a heaving tray of goodies. Whisky, with an umbrella and monkey stirrer (Mouse was just prevented from putting some sliced cucumber in it, much to Santa's relief), clementines, carrots, mince pies, a banana and a bowl of sprinkles. FHB was most insistent about the sprinkles (I assume he thought Santa might do a little cake decorating while he was here):


Our cat looked fairly glum, much put out, as cats are, by the uproar in the house:


Papa and Toot made a Harry Potter kit for the bears, which was a complete hit. They have not stopped playing with it for a moment:


Boxing day held a walk on the beach. Here I am with Mouse and my Niece-who-has-no-plan. It was cold but so lovely to be on the shore, even just for a little while:


My alcove. We gave up on the advent calendar when FHB began exploding with excitement (about December 10th) and Miss T pulled all the tags off the ornaments. The little reindeer stared sadly at me from a charity shop window the other day and I HAD to bring her home. She needs a little remedial attention to her hooves but I love her already:


Our tree, seen through a sophisticated glass of my brother-in-law's homemade sloe and vanilla gin, served with a little lemonade. The tree is pretty, the gin was excellent, though not a lot remains, as my waistband and headache will testify:


So there you go- Christmas in a nutshell. All is now peaceful and calm. We have a pile of brand new books and board games to entertain us, and a kitchen heaving with food. The bears are slowly investigating all the things they were lucky enough to receive and W and I are enjoying the quiet days here between Christmas and New Year, no time constraints, no commitments...it's great!

I am looking forward to a royal telling off from my Wii fit when I get going on that again in two days time- I think I must have put a stone on over the festive and crafting season. In the mean time I am enjoying a large glass of Baileys.

Good night! x

No comments:

Post a Comment