Wednesday 19 January 2011

In which Miss T takes a tumble

Yesterday afternoon Miss T fell down the stairs. Top to bottom, over and over like a tumble weed. I heard Mouse shrieking and ran to the stairs, but you never can get there fast enough can you? It's like running through treacle in slow motion.

Anyway, Miss T was noisily tearful but strangely unhurt- I did all my nursey checks on her to be on the safe side. As I was checking her over I had this hideous moment where I looked into her eyes and there was a large amount of pink goo oozing out of one. My stomach flipped and I had that frozen moment you get as a parent when you realise there might actually be Something Wrong. Mentally I was running through what bodily fluid it could actually be...and then I realised. Mouse and Miss T had been putting on make-up, a lot of goopy vaseliney pink lip glossy yuck. Oh the relief! It did take me quite a while to get it off the stair carpet though.



x

No comments:

Post a Comment