Saturday 1 January 2011

Resolutions

Well hello and happy new year!

I have been thinking long and hard about what I want to do in 2011, but it turns out that my list is really a simple one:

::Use less stuff, use what we have, use it better, fix it or adapt it when it inevitably gets broken.
::Shout less. (A hard one I think!) Count to ten, think about it, react in a calmer, quieter way.
::Make time- for me, for W, for each bear together and individually.
::Relax- Walk on the beach. Read. Have a hot coffee in silence. Listen to music.

This year, for our family, is all about the small pleasures, the thrifty alternatives, making, mending, not spending. Being content with what we have and where we are.

And also, if I could just lose a stone I would be a very happy person.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment