Thursday 6 January 2011

Rainy day

Good afternoon to you on this disgustingly grey and rainy day. As a result of the afore mentioned weather, Miss T and I holed up for the morning while the others were at school. Hot chocolate (her), vanilla latte (me), and a pleasant morning spent grabbing what daylight we could in the bay window, doing a bit of this:



This is the side-to-side cowl (found on Ravelry). I am trying to get it finished quickly so I can wear it before Spring!

You may notice I am sporting a fetching pink swatch on my feet. This was going to be a jumper for Mouse, but I did not like it. It has, however, proved to be a good doll blanket and Miss T was very pleased with herself for keeping my toes warm with it. Much squealing and 'Look! MAM! Feet!'

As I sat hooking I had a great view of our dining room table. It is making smile every time I look at it, covered as it is with a week's worth of lego and pirate activity:



And then, just as we were about to head out on the school run in the (grey, disgusting) rain, there was a knock on the door and the postman presented me with a rather soggy jiffy bag. It proved to contain this:



which, though grey, considerably brightened my day! I bought myself this pretty little brooch from Acorn and Will and I am thrilled with it. I may well have to order another one. Or two!

**I have just been assaulted by a small cross person with a pink shopping basket. Must dash.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment