Thursday 16 September 2010

A Better Day...

7.40am- Four bears and me walk to school. Fairly spritely.
8.10am- Two bears and me get home. I am a little flushed. Fill dishwasher. Hang out laundry. Change Miss T.
8.40am- Two bears and me walk to school. At top of road Custard and myself have a slight disagreement about him walking. I push him and Miss T to school.
9.10am- Miss T and me return home. Large coffee and a large milk. We have a sit down and she shows me lots of pictures of Iggle Piggle.
10am- Miss T has a good old shout. I put reluctant baby to bed. Write 700 words of essay.
11.50am- Miss T and I cycle to school to collect Custard.
12.10pm- Three of us get home. Custard is very pleased. I am a bit wibbly in the leg department and more than a little flushed.
12.15pm- Lunch. Miss T shreds her cheese on toast all over the floor.
13.10- We walk to school. I push Custard up the slope.
13.35- We collect Mouse. She is upset with me all the way home because I have no more space on the buggy.
14.00- Large coffee. Three bears banished upstairs.
14.50- We walk to school. I force Custard to walk. Feel a great sense of achievement. Even so, I feel as if I am pushing a hippo up the slope.
15.15- Collect FHB. Lose Custard again,though at least he is only up the tubular slide in the playground. He gets on back of buggy. I give up the fight. We walk to The Shop. Mouse and FHB scoot, resulting in one crash with a grumpy bloke; one loud discussion about staying away from the main road; one scooter in the main road; me shrieking like a fish-wife; one suitably chastened small boy.
15.15- The Shop- I load two scooters and four coats on buggy. Custard walks. He and FHB have fight about who carries the basket. I hook basket onto buggy. I remove Custard from half way up the display of Quality Street tins. Pleasant man with two well behaved children comments that I have a lot on my hands. I knock over Quality Street tins as buggy is now so wide I cannot get through the gap. Kind woman appears and hands me Custard's coat.
16.00- Home. I do love it. I make drinks while the kids do impressions of the Crusha milkshake cat.
16.30- A small bout of fisticuffs as FHB and Custard resolve the question of whether to watch The Penguins of Madagascar or High School Musical. Mouse lets the side down by siding with FHB and choosing Penguins. I am now expecting the sky to fall on our heads.

I am exhausted, but it is all good today. I have learnt that:

1- I am not as fit as I was before the summer holidays
2- Miss T weighs a lot more than I thought
3- Custard is Just Too Big
4- Dinner options are limited when all you have in the fridge are courgettes.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment