Monday 20 September 2010

Toast, a Flower Pot, Muscles and Asterix

And so after busy weekend of seafront theme park action, where we lost Custard twice (naturally),school beckons once more. And do you know...it's been a Good day!

Custard resented arriving in nursery this morning, and went purple with the screaming and shouting. I particularly liked the bit where he pulled himself along the floor trying to escape, like some victim in a horror movie. I kept my ears pricked all morning, waiting for the Phone Call from school, but none came! And even better, he deigned to eat at school today, very proudly telling me that he had had Hot Toast!

I feel like a battle has been won.

Miss T has been learning new words. Mouse has taught her to say 'Bits'. It sounds like 'Bix', but Mouse considers it a victory. She tried 'Broccoli', but it proved a step too far. Meanwhile, this morning Miss T proved she could say 'Wall', as in 'Custard will you get down off the-'. Clearly this is something she hears me say a fair bit.

Miss T has also had a run in with a flower pot today. School has a very lovely little garden which Custard tries to destroy every day:

Me: Custard get off the sunflower, it's pretty.

Me: Custard, get out of the flower bed, the flowers are beautiful, don't destroy them.

Me: Custard, get off the damn fence.

Me: (voice rising considerably as other mothers look on smugly): Custard if you don't get off that log you'll knock the flower pot on your sister OH LOOK YOU JUST HAVE.

I remove flower pot from Miss T and reveal a small child with an enormous red snout. She seems quite pleased about it.

In other news, Mouse is responsible for my Big Laugh of the day. Coming home from the shop we walk towards a teenaged lad with his shirt off (It's Essex, the merest ray of feeble sunshine and they've all got their nipples out). In my mind I am grumbling about weasly boys who insist on taking their clothes off, when Mouse shouts in full voice, 'OOH MUMMY, LOOK AT HIS MUSCLES! HE MUST BE VERY STRONG. LOOOOOOOK MUMMY'.

I cannot look, I am laughing too much. I have seen the look on said lad's face when Mouse started shouting.

So that is pretty much the end of our day. FHB has had some post- an Asterix DVD, and they are all vegging out in front of the film. It is making me smile, because I remember watching the very same one when I was about FHBs age. There is something lovely about my son developing a liking for things I have loved. And he loves the books too- falls asleep with his face on one every night.  It makes extraordinarily happy.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment