Thursday 30 September 2010

I've been meaning to write for a couple of days now. I had a whole spiel in mind about the hideousness of cleaning and What I Found Under The Sofa. Then I had a few observations about my children 1: hanging out of upstairs bedroom windows and 2: Mouse potty training Miss T and pretending she is a dog (very amusing at the time).

But...

Today is my birthday and so I decided to write about today instead. It been a nice day. I have had lovely cards and presents from my nearest and dearest. I spent this morning wandering around the shops with my sleeping baby; buying wool, looking at books, buying trousers, looking at more books.

When I collected FHB from school he produced something from his pocket:

Me: Oooh, an oyster shell. Did you have a nice time at the beach?

FHB: No Mummy. Look! (Opens shell).

Me: Oh! Someone is home...Erm, what are you going to do with that oyster?

FHB: Well, I thought Daddy would eat it.

Me: Yeeeeess, but we're going out the afternoon and I don't think the oyster will like it in the car for hours, do you?

FHB (glumly): Well I'll give it to my teacher. I wanted to use the shell as a cup.

We have been to soft play. I had the idea that all four bears could run around like lunatics while I sat quietly reading a magazine. It kind of worked. Mouse has a black bruise on her cheek (which is great, school photos are tomorrow); FHB headbutted me and I have a fat lip; Custy got hit in the face with a football and Miss T had a nosebleed when she fell down a slide. Yay! A fun time was had by all!

Anyway, I had a lovely birthday tea:



With a scrumptious cake made by W:



And decorated by the bears:



You may notice I am celebrating my 5th birthday. W said it was that or 42, as they were the only numbers we had.

And now we are getting ready to try some whisky:






I bought W the book last Christmas for a laugh and we are now trying to taste every whisky in it. There are a lot! Some are so expensive and/or rare that we can only afford a shot of them, so that is what we are doing tonight. 10 to try. One is 60% proof. Goodness!

Happy birthday to me!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment