Friday 17 September 2010

In which I realise I am no longer Efficient

W is working from home today as I am going in to work for a couple of hours this afternoon. The school runs are his all day- Yay! My Dad is coming for dinner and W's sister and her lovely family are arriving too. I realise that if nothing else, the bathroom and kitchen must be cleaned. And I need to go to the supermarket- W is making Coq au vin for dinner.

Today is a day for Efficiency.

By ten to nine I have cleaned the downstairs loo and the kitchen. I am feeling good about things.

At the supermarket Tabby spends her time charming old gentlemen. I pick up dinky chantenay carrots, new potatoes, button mushrooms, red wine and silverskin onions for dinner. I get olives for my niece and nephew. I get all the components for a full Englich tomorrow morning. Anyone see what I forgot to pick up?

At home I show W my shopping. He says the wine (£6.49, down from £13) is far too good to cook with. Well done on the black pudding. Oh good, you got pizza for the kids tea. Erm....where's the chicken?

I am crushed. I have bought all the bits for Coq au vin, but not the coq.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment