Tuesday 5 April 2011

Blossom blouses

I have been at work today and rather unexpectedly found myself staying an hour and a quarter late, having not had anything to eat or drink for eight hours (Such are the hazards of being a theatre nurse working with a cack-handed general surgeon). Anyway, I was so tired on the way home that, walking up our road, I noticed a small dog infront of me. Ooh, I think to myself, what a tiny dog. And from the back it really looks like a cat.

Guess what...

It was a cat.

I have had two cups of coffee, half a litre of water, an apple and a slice of homemade bread and butter, followed by an hours sit down. W is making me dinner. I am feeling more human!

***

(This, now, is the post I had intended to write):

A couple of weeks back Mouse and I had a sewing day. I made this:

for myself. It is the Blossom Blouse from this book. An excellent pattern, it knocks up in an hour if you apply yourself (and remember, I am Not Great at sewing).

Mine is made from a bit of cotton I got for 50p in a charity shop, and some Ikea calico leftovers. I did it as a trial run and made a few alterations as I went along- shortening the sleeves and gathering them, lengthening the body and flaring the hem a little more. I really love it and definately see more in my future, though I must add that this one did look better before I washed it and neglected to iron it!

Mouse saw one in her future too and presented me with her kitty fabric. She has been hoarding it since her birthday, waiting for the right moment.


As we had the machine out, I made a pair of pyjama bottoms for FHB too. He is always badgering me to make things for him, but the truth is that I am not an accomplished enough seamstress to make complicated boy things. I guess I shall have to practice! In the mean time, nice simple elasticated trousers seem to have pleased him. And just so he was not left out, I mended Custard's Darth Vader cloak and have promised him some shorts. It's great- he's four and still doesn't mind elasticated waists.

I guess I'll have to make something for W too. Hmm. Thinking....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment