Monday 25 April 2011

Easter catch-up

Well hello! It is the Easter hols here and what with work, the bears home from school and general life (cleaning/gardening/boring chores) type stuff, it has been pretty hard to find any time to sit down and write a blog post. Come evening time I just curl up on the sofa- maybe with my hook, maybe not.

Anyway, this here is a bit of a catch up post. I have had my sister-in-law and her brood staying too these hols and before work one day managed to snatch an hour or so on the beach with everyone:


It HURT having to present myself in theatres at 12.30, that's for sure!

Then, later in the hols, this is a snap of our dining room table:


The bears have been entertaining themselves. FHB has been writing Star Wars magazines in which he stars as Luke and/or good Anakin and Custard stars as Bad Anakin and/or Darth Vader. (The timeline is a little nebulous in these things). There has also been a great deal of pirate/Harry Potter/Merlin action and Mouse, bless her, has been trying to potty train Miss T. She has had as little luck as W and I.

Mouse has also been learning to weave and has made a beach scene. This morning Custard ripped the whole lot off the loom and I couldn't face restringing it all, so we declared it to be finished. I spent breakfast time knotting all the ends and threading it onto a chopstick, while Mouse chose some shells and sealife to attach to the fabric. Then I had some fun with my hot glue gun...Ta-daaaah:


I love it! Mouse loves it! We are all happy. FHB has decided he would like to learn to weave so that he can make a dinosaur scene. I think I may need more glue.

Meanwhile, W has done a load of work in the garden; we have shuffled and sorted and recycled all sorts of Stuff and cleared some of the teetering piles of Stuff from around the house; I have added a few stitches to my lion (not many, sadly) and have stared longingly at my sewing machine. There are cushion covers to be made and every day they go on the bottom of my to-do list, never to be reached. Never mind, there's always tomorrow.

Actually, there's not. I'm going to the beach!  x

No comments:

Post a Comment