Monday 4 April 2011

Busy Bee

In among the lovely things we did with the bears this weekend, I managed to get a few hours at my sewing machine and with my hooks. Bliss!

I made the Trapeze Dress from this book, with a charity shop duvet cover:



I made a little pillowcase tunic for Miss T, from this excellent book by Soulemama. Though next time I would make it a lot longer and put in much chunkier box pleats as Miss T is such a slight little thing.


(Rubbish photo I know- She's two and won't stand still).

And I made another slightly tweaked pillowcase dress for Mouse, with the proviso that it is for beach and height of Summer wear only. So naturally she will prance around in it on windy, rainy days as she is incapable of dressing appropriately. I shall tell her off whilst being ever so pleased that she likes it. That is how it works!


I am really pleased with my weekend makes, especially my dress as I have never made anything that complicated before. And W says I do NOT look like a bag lady dressed in a duvet cover in it. So I think that is a success.

Hooky-wise, I finished my pouffe! Turned out I only had another couple of rounds to do on it. Typical. so have lopped the buttons off the pouffe and made a mental note to acquire some duct tape for a little rudimentary repair work, then I ran some elastic through the bottom of the cover and knotted it really tightly underneath the pouffe.

And there you have it:


Easy peasy! Though I think I will probably make a fleecy jacket to go under the crochet cover. We'll see- much depends on how destructive my dear children are feeling.

So I end the weekend with the happy feeling of having Finished something, and the promise of being able to wear something I have made.

And I have finished the first sleeve of my green cardi too! Very Pleasing Indeed.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment