Tuesday 26 April 2011

Garage Flowers

Me: You haven't bought me flowers for years. Not since I had Miss T.

W: Yes I have.

Me: No you  haven't. At least, not without me telling you to.

W: What about the daffodils I bought you last month?

Me (foiled): Hmph. Apart from those.

W: And the Amarylis I bought you at Christmas?

Me (feeling daft): Well, and those too. But it had been a while before then. (Thinks) And I had to tell you to buy me flowers when I had Mouse and Custard. (Plumbing great depths here. Five and four years is too long to hold a grudge).

W: That is just not true.

Long pause.

Me: I think it is true. (I don't)

Next day, W arrives home from a morning out with the boys, bearing a bunch of flowers:



Me (thrilled): They're lovely. Garage flowers! (Laughing)

W (mock outraged): Not garage flowers...I stopped on the roadside for those. They're from the back of a van in a lay-by.

I am very pleased with my flowers, not least because my husband has braved a lay-by on a dual carriage way in Essex to buy them. Flowers with a whiff of danger! And I do love a gerbera...x

No comments:

Post a Comment