Sunday 17 April 2011

Quick camping

Doesn't the week fly by when you're doing a proper job? Sunday night already- I can't believe it! I've been filling my few quiet moments with crochet. A bit of one WiP here, a bit of another there. I need another big project to sink my hook into so sometime this week I will probably start my Summer Breeze cardi. I've been looking forward to it for so long!

The bears have been away at Papa and Toot's for the last few days, so W and I have caught up on sleep and relaxed a bit, whilst seriously missing them. The house feels far too big and quiet without my noisy, sticky children haring around.

Anyway, they got back yesterday and have just been pinging off the walls ever since. Today was beautiful and sunshiney, but W and I had quite a few jobs to do, so it was a housey day. I decided the bears should be outside, so I made them a tent.

For ages I have had grand plans of sewing them a lovely lined tent or teepee, all very complicated and unlikely. Today I seized the moment and grabbed an old duvet cover (W's sister's college one, it turns out), split the long seams and hung it over the washing line. Job done and a quiet afternoon followed during which all of my kids and then all of my sister-in-laws kids too, played and picniced merrily in the tent.


Splendid!

Hope you had a fab weekend too...x

1 comment:

  1. oh i LOVE it! its on my list too...from the 'weekend sewing' book ! :) x

    ReplyDelete