Sunday 17 October 2010

All is quiet...

It has been a quiet and peaceful week here in the land of the wild bears. Since parents evening we have all been making a big effort to behave ourselves- less shouting, more being patient, kind and pleasant to each other. Goodness me the house is a far more enjoyable place to be!
We asked FHB to write his class rules on the board in our kitchen and now whenever anyone is not behaving themselves we stop and ask whether we are following The Rules:


In addition, as my exam is OVER (!) I feel as if I am back in the building again, available to entertain, pay attention to, and even feed my kids. It has been lovely all round I think. We have made bead necklaces:







This was a birthday present to Mouse from her best friend, but, bless them, the boys wanted to make necklaces too. So we did.




And we've made flowers. Another Mouse gift, with glue this time! She and Custard had a lot of fun building these and she has put them proudly on her bedside table. I suggested the bookshelf in the living room so I could look at them too because they do make me smile, but she said that they were hers and she wanted share them only with Bumby (her rabbit). So there you are.



I have spent my none mothering moments Reading (Oh how I have missed Books! Real ones, not text books! With a story and everything!) and as I had a Kindle for my birthday I have been gorging myself on a mixture of e-reading and hard copy books, three on the go at once, just like the old days. I have also found the time to finally make FHB's hat:




And have received rather a lot of gratifying comments about it from ladies of a certain age. It is the lion hat from Inside Crochet, Issue 6.

Here is Mouse's hat (my pattern, with most of a small snowball flower from Nicky Epstein):




And Custard's hat (Crochet today, September/October 09):



I am under orders to make some fangs and eyes for it now he has seen his brother's finished hat.

I have also started a baby jumper. Not for me!



And managed to replenish my homemade cards stock, fuelled by much rum and black and a very fine lamby dinner made by W.
So there you are, a quiet, enjoyable week. FHB is much nicer, my throat does not hurt as I am much quieter and a great deal less stressed, the bears are all playing games- no telly, no computer games, just good old fashioned low tech cards and fuzzy felt. So relaxing...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment