Tuesday 19 October 2010

Small Pleasures

It is a grey Tuesday, there is a definate chill in the air and we are not quite in half term yet. The bears are all ridiculously tired and all looking rather peaky, W looks exhausted and I am feeling decidedly under the weather- not quite ill, but certainly not feeling great. We are having a Quiet Week.

I have listened to an awful lot of I hate you Mummy, a fair bit of It wasn't me, it was him (loudly, from various sources), far too much Am I going to nursery for a short time or a long time? How can you leave me? You must not go! It is just a short time isn't it? I CAN NOT WALK! and a lot of Go Away! Mine!

:: I made some cakes to cheer us all up, but used too much peanut butter and not enough jam, and now none of the bears will eat them.
::I have a mouth ulcer the size of Mount Vesuvius which is making my whole head hurt.
::And I have just wrenched my hip by hooking Miss T round the waist with my foot, whilst holding a huge basket of laundry and teetering on the top of the stairs, in order to prevent her from rolling head first down the stairs. Ow.
::And, goodness me but I'm hungry. One unloved muffin and a banana does not cut the mustard for breakfast, but I am really am limited to soft food at the moment- how tragic is that?

Anyway, it is on days like this that I try to make myself think of the Good Moments:





Mouse, Custard and Miss T with a really big box. (You would not believe how small the item that arrived in the box was!) Mouse would only let Custard in if he called himself Duke. (?!)



Miss T's new lounge suit. I found it in a charity shop at the weekend. It's velour and much too big for her, but it really makes me laugh. She is channelling one of her great-grandmothers in this get-up. All she needs is some spangly diamante.



My new hat and mitts. I made them yesterday and am excessively pleased with them. Not least because the hat is quite slouchy and makes me look about ten years younger, which can only be a Good Thing.
The mitts look a bit clunky, but I made up the pattern as I was going along. Every winter I go through about four pairs of gloves- they take a lot of bashing with all the buggy pushing I do. So I made these with reinforced thumb gussets(!) and we'll see how we go. At least they only took a couple of hours to make.

Am definately running out of steam now, so it must be coffee and paracetomol o'clock,

x

No comments:

Post a Comment