Thursday 21 October 2010

This week I have been mostly...


Wondering...

::Why my children can not eat with knives and forks. Or spoons. Chopsticks would do. Any sort of culinary implement that would mean I did not have to watch them pick their food apart with their fingers and examine every mouthful before deciding whether to consume it.

::Why Mouse allows us to get as far away from a public toilet as humanly possible before saying that she needs a poo.

::Why Miss T cannot learn to say anything positive. Today's Give it back does not count. She is steadfastly refusing to say Daddy too, which is winding up W: Say Dad. Say Daddy. Go on...Daddy...Dad-dy. No, I am NOT Mum. Say Dad... and so on.

Being irritated:

::I see no reason at all why it would be acceptable to squash a punnet of grapes in my armchair. Twice.

::I do not understand why the bears refuse to eat on any given day, especially when it something they have eaten many times before, and it is healthy, homemade and tasty.

::Even when he is wearing reins Custard still manages to escape from me. How is this actually possible?

::Dog poo.Walking to school is like running the gauntlet in that department. I am watching out for eight feet and four wheels. People of Essex- clear up after your animals!

Planning:

::Christmas makes- for my bears and other little ones I love; to decorate the house; to put in my family Secret Santa bag.

::Crochet projects- for me, for W, for a few new babies.

Dancing:

::In the kitchen, with my bears, to whatever they fancy- FHB favours Katy Perry and 70s disco; Mouse will dance to anything; Custard likes the Theme from Star Wars and Scissor Sisters; Miss T likes 'I like to move it' from the Madagascar films.

::In the car (as much as you can) and shouting along to old school rock. I have been rediscovering Meatloaf, Skid Row and other sounds from my youth. Love it!

Crocheting:

::I frogged the baby jumper- truly I was never going to concentrate enough to complete an aran jumper, even a tiny one. I found a fab pattern on Ravelry instead and have whizzed through. More of that to come...

Enjoying:

::Time with my bears on the beach. Sometimes an unplanned trip is just what you need, so today, even though everyone was tired and it was frankly a bit chilly, we piled in the car after school and hit the beach.



Cadburys caramel nibbles- oh yes!






Then Mouse needed the loo and Miss T went blue, so we came home.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment