Friday 8 October 2010

Mouse's Big Birthday Bunting


I made Mouse this big old granny bunting for her birthday, just using up some scraps of cotton dk.

Here's the pattern, in UK terminology:

I used a 4mm hook.

Ch 41.

Tr in 4th ch from hook, tr in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch, *tr in each of next 3 ch**, ch 1, skip next ch*. Repeat to end from * to *. Finish at **.

Turn. SS along into 1st ch sp, *3tr in ch sp**, ch 1*. Repeat to end from * to *. Finish at **.

Keep going until you have only one cluster left, then fasten off.

Make as many triangles as you like.

To join:

Ch 20, sl st across top of triangle, ch 10, sl st across top of next triangle. After you have added all triangles, ch 20.

Turn, ch1, dc across (twice). Fasten off.

Ta daaa! You have big, easy peasy bunting, and your five year old will be very pleased!

x

4 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel! I've loved reading through your blog entries this afternoon! I've always wondered what being the parent of 4 small children would be like and you've captured it wonderfully. As the mother of 2 now grown, but not flown, nestlings, I have some small appreciation for the challenges (and warm feelings) each day must bring. Keep at it - you're doing terrifically well - and I'll look forward to reading your blog on a regular basis :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Susan. For the sentiment, and for being the first person to comment on my blog! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I've just come across your blog and plan to give the bunting a try. Where did you get your lovely shoes?

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this pattern on ravelry. I like the composition of the triangles. So many of them start from the small edge and go bigger and some start from the round and go out. Yours is just what I was looking for. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete