Thursday 7 October 2010

Mouse is 5!

While I have been revising...revising...revising, Mouse has been busy turning five. She landed on our feet, all elbows and bony bottom, and squirmed around saying: Is it my birthday? It's my birthday isn't it? I am five now aren't I? I am five now, aren't I? Really five? Now? etc etc.

She was quite excited.

All the bears got dressed, teeth cleaned (!), and breakfasted in record time and then the important things were attended to- presents.
Mouse had a list of requirements for her birthday, and between all members of her loving and extended family, she had them all fulfilled:

Cash register- I would like a shop. And if I have a shop I will need something to put money in.
Money- If I have a shop I will need money to give to people. (I like the sound of Mouse's shop).
Food, tins, cakes- When I have a shop I will need something to sell.
Kettle- I have a tea set, but I cannot make tea without a kettle, can I?
Pots and Pans- And, if I am going to make tea I will need something to cook food in too, won't I?
Utensils- And I'll need something to stir the food with.
Sewing machine- (This one was Mouse's most important requirement. Much quivering anticipation involved)- If I have a sewing machine I will be able to do sewing with you Mummy, won't I? (Mumy tries very hard to look pleased). And I can make clothes! For dolls!

Girly list isn't it?
Anyway, Mouse is a happy girl and I have a date with her to make Stuff tomorrow on her new sewing machine. Got to be better than revision!

In the mean time she has been creating havoc in the living room with Custard and her shop/tea set:



Dancing to mamma Mia!



x

PS Do you know, I am really looking forward to making Stuff with my Mouse tomorrow? I am. I'm feeling all warm and bubbly because she wants to do it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment