Thursday 4 November 2010

A little letter

Well, my week at work and lovely busy few days with the family certainly took their toll- W and I have taken it in turns to be poorly this week. Nothing more than a miserable streaming cold, but taking time off to look after yourself when you have small children is impossible, so my cold has lingered and my nose hurts from all the blowing!

Added to this, Custard has been making his feelings known about going back to school: I do not want to go...I can't walk...Why do I have to go?...Why are you leaving me?...You WILL remember to get me won't you?...I hate you (repeatedly)...Aaaaaaaargh! (loudly, while producing crocodile tears at the nursery door).

As is ever the way, he has a jolly nice time while he is there, but then when I get him...:You have not brought the car/the bike...I will NOT walk...You have not brought me a KitKat/banana...You have to push me home...I hate you (I really do get a lot of that).

Truly this is grinding me down. And they have only been back at school for four days!

Despite all this (and to be fair, the other three bears are being mainly pleasant) I have been hooking away getting several christmas projects finished. I also finished the hexagonal baby jacket- it is just waiting for its buttons, while I am just waiting for my friend to produce her baby so I know what colour to sew on. I will get round to posting a photo of it soon...

In the mean time I have started on a cardi for Miss T:


And finally, FHB provided me with my chuckle of the week. As I pottered around upstairs collecting up the various bits of shredded paper, discarded clothing and so on one morning, I found this:


Would you like a translation? Here you go: Custard has been disgraceful. Is he like this at home?

I had a chuckle. Then I turned it over:



He has bited his friend. From teacher.

Hahahahaha! I did laugh. Then I went to the kitchen and showed W. We chuckled quietly, it was very early after all. A few minutes later I hear FHB telling his brother about The Letter, ending with: And I can't believe she fell for it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment