Sunday 28 November 2010

Unexpected Sunday

Today we were supposed to be visiting Papa and Toot (Happy Birthday Papa!) but due to The Weather we stayed put. So here we are with an Unexpected Sunday to fill as we wish.

We began with breakfast, as you do. Miss T began with Marmite and hazlenut chocolate spread on (the same bit of) toast. A wrongness of the highest order, but she seemed pleased:



Then we went to buy the cat a new bed due to a Certain Someone ('It was me: Custard!') destroying the last one. A new popcorn maker followed to replace the one we melted with over use.

Then on to Waitrose. Where we bought yummy Sunday roast stuff and got back to the car to find the battery was completely and utterly flat. Dead. Last time this happened was in the Ikea car park, a bit too far from home to call for help, but this time a dear and lovely old friend of ours came, via Halfords for spark plugs, and jumped started us. The wait gave W and I just enough time to polish off a whole tray of Parisienne macaroons. Very nice.

After a prolonged sojourn to the shops we got home rather later than planned. Roast for tea then. So W knocks up a (delicious) blue cheese, parma ham, black olive and sun dried tomato tart for us, while the kids had crumpets. Because what they need is more refined carbs, obviously.

Custard: What. Is. That?

W: It's a tart.

Custard: Bleurgh.

FHB: I know what tart is. It is black and it melts and gets on your shoes and you get told off for getting it on the carpet because it sticks to everything.

Mouse: No, Tart is from the the jungle. Tartzan. He swings in the trees like a monkey. But he is a man.

W and I: Snigger...

Anyway, here is what the rest of the day holds for me:


Die cutting alphabets with my lovely sister-in-law's Sizzix...



A bit of brewing...



Crochet crochet crochet...



A little easy peasy embroidery for Christmas...



A bit of this, maybe with a film...



Definately some of these. The hazlenut Baileys is filling in a gap for me until I can get my hands on some Marks and Sparks Gingerbread irish cream. It keeps selling out locally. I HAVE to try it!

But...(insert your own horror film music here)...LOOK at what else I have got to tackle this afternoon!!!!!!!!!


Aaaargh! I have had to put it on our bed so that I have no choice but to put it all away today. I think the kids might actually have run out of clothes!

Well, best crack on with it I suppose. Sooner it is done the sooner I get a large Baileys infront of the fire!

Hope you are having a wonderful warm Sunday x

No comments:

Post a Comment