Wednesday 24 November 2010

Photos

Me: Can you do the photo software tonight please?

W: Why can't you do it?

Me: Because I'll get it wrong, phone you for help and you'll say that I always break the computer. So it's easier if you do it.

W gets out photoshop (semi-demolishing cupboard in process). I laugh a great deal.

Me: Do I need the software for my camera too...cos I don't know where I've put it?

W: No, you can just load photos up onto Windows.

Silence.

Me: So, all this time I've actually had photo software on the new computer?

W: Didn't you know?

Me (patiently, through gritted teeth): No. I did not know. Or I would have been using it, wouldn't I? (Forced smile).

So there you are folks. I have photos. I always had photos. Grrr.

Here's a couple from Greenwich the other week:




The bears love Greenwich and always head for the canon. We have the same conversation every time:

Bear: That is a really big gun.

Us: Yes it is.

Bears, shimmying up canon: Can we climb on it?

Us: No. See the big sign saying 'Do not climb'?

Bears (disappointed): Oh, right. Is it real?

Us: Yes, it is three hundred years old. Be kind to it.

And so on.

Sadly the Cutty Sark is still hidden by her bandages. I LOVE the Cutty Sark. Drinking a hot coffee, sitting on the banks of the Thames early on a Sunday morning, gazing at the ship and then the river, deciding where we'll live when we win the lottery...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment