Monday 15 November 2010

The weekend

Hello! A photo free post today as I am on the new computer. W has downloaded a trojan virus onto the old laptop, which is a right old pain as all my photo software is on there. But never mind.

We had a lovely weekend involving coca-cola cake (Nigella, never lets you down); a trip to Greenwich market (I love it, always heralds the start of Christmas stuff for me); a knights helmet and admiral's cap; a mighty fine pub roast in the Old Brewery at Greenwich (involving chocolate beer, oh yes); a visit to see some lovely old friends (whose kids, it turns out, are as wild as ours); a spinach and feta borek (in the car, on the way home, accompanied by the snoring of four sleeping bears); bacon and mushroom coddled eggs with rye bread (for tea, just so yum); and three quarters of a bottle of gin with W (on a school night [!] as we moved furniture round in an attempt to wrest a little more space from our heaving at the seams home).

After a truly terrible night's sleep (three quarters of a bottle of gin, go figure), two bacon sandwiches and several cups of coffee I have spent the day today shuffling books around. W informed me that I should get rid of some in order to create more space. I am greatly offended! It has now become a point of honour to rehome all our books comfortably and aesthetically in order to retain them all.

Miss T is under the weather today and dosed up on Calpol. She snuggled up on the sofa this morning with a hot chocolate and cbeebies and just stayed there...unheard of! So I have sorted and shuffled and squeezed in a few rows of crochet here and there. All is calm...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment