Thursday 11 November 2010

This afternoon...

Today is a grey, blustery, cold day, but until 3pm it was not wet. Then, just in time for the school run, the rain came down in stair rods. Joy. So five of us, soaking wet, arrived back home and steamed gently infront of the radiator for a while. I'd love to be able to turn the fire on, but I don't trust my children. I made a huge jug of hot chocolate instead.

While I was doing this, my bears were busy. FHB reappeared in clean clothes, soaked right through (How? I have no idea. He told me some long-winded story about falling in mud. In his bedroom). Custard dressed himself up as Buzz Lightyear, Mouse located a bag of girly stuff to deck herself out in, and Miss T found something sticky. Then they proceeded to chase each other around the house at great speed shouting 'BENNY HILL! BENNY HILL!' Truly, W and You Tube have got a lot to answer for.

So, with my children occupied in riotous fashion, I have settled in my chair for an hour with this:



And these:



to occupy me.

Note my lovely seventies mug. I love it with all my heart. It is my favourite all time mug from my childhood, retrieved from my Mum and Dad's garage when they had a new kitchen fitted recently. Honestly, to me, everything tastes a little sweeter in it.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment