Monday 7 February 2011

Good Stuff

I know! Monday morning and I have nothing but good things to say! (This despite the cat pooing all over the lounge last night. We had throw away one of our ancient Ikea baby quilts. But hey- I'll have to make a new quilt. Yay! An excuse to sew!)

Four exclamation marks in one paragraph. And relax...

Well this weekend we discovered a new hobby. Geocaching. You go onto a website, you upload co-ordinates to some sort of GPS thingy (the technical stuff is not down to me) then you go off and treasure hunt. It is Ace. We spent all day out on Saturday tootling around searching for treasure. We couldn't find the first cache we were after- it was under a bridge and neither W nor I fancied grubbing around under there. But we did find a fab charity shop where I got these:


('Scuse the rubbish photos- it is grey and dull here today. Not complaining mind).
They fit perfectly, they've hardly ever been worn and they were £4.50. Result.

We then went out to our local nature reserve where, while Miss T was snoring loudly and I was confined to the car with her, W and the big bears went off and found a cache of treasure. I was going to photo what they found, but apparently you are supposed to be a bit secretive about it all, so I'm not allowed. We have to rehide the treasure another day in a new spot. The kids were So Thrilled and now think they are 'splorers.

After all this we were a bit peckish, so despite it blowing a gale, we bought fish and chips and sausages and sat on the beach. It was FREEZING. Miss T went purple. I had to chase a pie wrapper along the coast for quite some way and Mouse and Custard were astounded that grass can grow on the sand. Shock and horror.

Then we came home and went FLOP in our chairs. Turns out Star Wars was on on Saturday. I own three different copies of Star Wars, but yet we are all still compelled to watch it when it is on TV. Even with ad breaks.

Just a lovely day.

On Sunday we began with a full English (So Good) and the day carried on being great. Custard and I made flapjacks, W went on a restorative bike ride, I had an hour on the wii (didn't weigh myself, didn't want to spoil the day), FHB was allowed an hour on the DS as a reward for being a Pleasant Human Being this week, and Mouse and I made a skirt for her and a quick pair of trousers for Miss T:





(Mouse had a go with my camera too. Standing on the table. I find it best not to look).
At some point I'll blog some photos of the finished skirt and trousers in their giraffey glory, but right now Mouse has squirrelled her skirt away and I can't find it, and Miss T-oilet training promptly weed (wee-ed/weeed?) on her trousers so they are in the wash.

Poor FHB is desperate to learn to sew, so I think this afternoon may hold cushion covers for us.

Lastly, W broke the last of our Tooting pound shop pasta bowls. We bought them 13 years ago when we were first together living in university halls of residence:


In my current state of karmic trust and relaxation I have decided to see this as a Good Thing. A sign of better, proper grown-up things to come (at thirty-five!) This does not stand up to scrutiny, but I am still smiling anyway.

Hope you had a good weekend too...x

No comments:

Post a Comment