Thursday 10 February 2011

Notes on crafting

Here are Mouse's skirts, Miss T's trousers (which I must admit started off for Custard, but I got the sizing very wrong) and my little purse:


Several things to note:

:: I am Very Bad at taking photos. Even when using W's posh camera. Must work on this. (W is rubbish too, I would add).
:: I can only sew in straight lines. And do elasticated waistbands.
:: I can do zips though. Funny.
:: I am currently working on a quilt. Made of squares.
:: A real quilter would be horrified at the slapdash nature of my work. Having four marauding bears and little time means I am of the 'that'll do' school of crafting rather than the perfectionist school.
:: I would quite like to be perfectionist. I am very critical about what I make. When I see things I have made, having not seen them for a while, I am usually dead chuffed with them and cannot believe I Did That.

I went to my most local of local charity shops today. It is fab! It genuinely smells of wee and has the old ladiest of stuff in it. The lady behind the counter is so scoliosed that she sits with her head resting on the counter. Today I felt Really Guilty because, as it was raining, she had brought her scooter into the shop, which meant I could not get in with my buggy. I said that it was okay, I'd come back another day, but she insisted on moving it. It took her five minutes to do it and involved moving two displays and knocking over a table. I tried to help- honest- but you can't move someone else's mobility scooter for them can you?

So then I felt that I had to buy something because she had gone to so much effort. I was drawn to a 70s coffee set, but have nowhere to put it, so I bought four packets of buttons, a Beano annual and a fabulous A-Z book of crafts that is the same age as me...

::Must try macrame again...x

No comments:

Post a Comment