Wednesday 16 February 2011

Hooked! The Accidental Cardigan

Yesterday...

Hello! Today has been a mixed bag of a day. Wild and bored children on a grey, wet day that is a bit too far away from pay day. Hmm. What to do?

Well, I visited my friend and her new baby this morning. The bunting went down well and I brought home with me a birthday present for Custard. So this afternoon we have made glove puppets (well, we have coloured them in. Tomorrow there will be glue involved) and we have wrecked another of his presents too- a play doh burger maker. Custy and Mouse had an awful lot of fun with that, but little Miss T just ate their burgers, much to Mousey's horror. I wait with baited breath to see what colour her nappies are going to be tomorrow (the burgers were red and green).

I have been messing around with wool again today, trying to decide what to make next. This is a strategy I have developed in order to ignore the fact that my house is filthy, the floors crunch, there is play doh squished into the soft furnishings, the boys have swung off my living room curtains and the track has fallen off the wall and they have spent quite some time beating each other over the head with a four pint milk bottle full of shaky things/a 2 litre drinks bottle full of crinkly things that Mouse made at school to celebrate Chinese new year. I should have stopped them but you know what I did? I hid. Anyway, I digress. I have been starting and frogging things all day, so I am thinking my creative streak is ebbing somewhat, I suspect I used it all up making this:




After I finished My Big Jumper I had a lot of wool left over and a free afternoon, so I made the Bebop Cardi for Mouse. It took five hours to make and entirely satisfied my Monday creativity requirements. I think my niece may be getting one for her birthday too as it was such a fab pattern. It is Accidental in that I had only intended to swatch it and before I knew it it was three hours later and there did not seem to be much point stopping!

Still do not know what to make next though so I guess this evening will be spent exploring Ravelry...x

Today...

I am sooooo tired I could cry. Our next doors neighbours are being Very Noisy and I am getting little sleep. And becoming progressively more grumpy. I have been whiling away the hours when I should have been cleaning by studying my new book- Sasha Kagan's Crochet Inspirations. I have been meaning to buy it for ages and finally got around to it- and I am not disappointed. It is full of inspiring swatches, patterns and textures, but possibly my favourite thing in the whole book is this page:



Aren't these jumpers just scrummy? No patterns for these sadly, so my little brain is whirring away trying to work out a pattern to make these for Miss T (Granny style) and Custard (stripes).

Oh, and I came up with something to make for me too, but more of that another day.

On a totally unrelated subject: As we were getting in the car today I was accosted by the friendly local alcoholic who informed me that I look much better in my glasses as my face is much too round and they make me look in proportion. Mind you (he says) you're not doing too badly anyway 'cos, you know, ladies who have had loads of children always have loads of chins too, like they've gone overboard in the chin shop, but, you know, you've only got one. (Thinks) Well, maybe one and half, but definately not two.

So there you go. Happy Wednesday to you, from me and my chin and a half...x

No comments:

Post a Comment