Sunday 27 February 2011

Hectic Half Term

Hello! I hope you have had a fine week. It has been half term in my neck of the woods, so we headed off to my in-laws for a few days (me with no camera, W with a camera and no charge). We had the loveliest time- charity shopping, wool shopping, Ws birthday, a zoo day, scrummy food and a head louse battle of epic proportions. Perhaps the last was not quite so lovely.

On Wednesday W and I did a runner and left the kids kids with Papa and Toot (Thank you!!) We managed:

:: a day at work (me)
:: a trip to the driving range, where we found that I am Very Bad at golf
:: some much needed clothes shopping
:: to accidentally get very drunk with an old university friend
:: a stomp around London taking in Spitalfields market
  : Petticoat Lane market
  : lunch at the Albion
  : the National Gallery (looking for Ws favourite painting Mr and Mrs Clarke and Percy by David Hockney. It had moved- it was at the Tate)
  : The National portrait gallery, where I was unimpressed with a self-portrait bust made of the artist's own blood. (Why would you do that?)
  : a wander round the delis in Soho
  : a stop at a bead shop (staffed by the rudest people in London)
  : a trip out to Angel to see our friends and their delicious new baby
:: a trip to Ikea (where I managed only to buy things on Toot's shopping list. I am very proud)
:: a humungous and knee bucklingly expensive supermarket stock up in anticipation of my bears coming home.


Mr and Mrs Clark and Percy

W and I had a fabulous time together, but I will admit to spending the hour before the kids arrived home peering out of the window and jigging impatiently.

This afternoon we have spent an hour delousing Mouse again, disarmed the boys several times, spent two hours folding laundry and sorting toys, half-forgot to feed the kids any tea, broken my promise-to-self to spend an hour on the wii fit, weathered a temper tantrum of extreme tiredness from Mouse, put out three bags of recycling, made dinner for the week, and enjoyed a wonderful hour during which the bears (wearing respectively a yellow dragon kimono and a sword, a shalwar kameez and silver slippers, a jalabiya with a light saber and a small-but-not-small-enough sari) ran around upstairs shouting 'Ha har Custard! The evil genius who wants to cancel Chinese new year..!'

I have really missed my children...x

No comments:

Post a Comment