Tuesday 8 February 2011

Happy Tuesday too!

Hello! My Monday smile is still there, made a little brighter still by the splendid morning I have just spent in the charity shops. I have bought birthday presents, pillowcases, a tablecloth, two cups and saucers, a jug and a biscuit barrel. I'll take some pics of them later. I have spent the grand total of £7! Miss T and I have come home to finish up the flapjacks and drink red berry smoothies. It is a beautiful sunny day, though still cold enough to see your breath. I think I am more seasonally affected than I thought because I FEEL GREAT for some Sunshine!

Yesterday afternoon I felt quite crafty indeed and as my sewing machine was sitting on the table I thought I may as well use it. I had a rummage around the scraps box and found some material to play with, so now Mouse has another skirt, I have a new coin purse and I have cut the squares for two new lap quilts for the bears to nest under. I'll take some pics of all of that too today, so expect a bumper photo album tomorrow. In the meantime I thought I would show you what I've been doing lately with a hook:

My grey jumper is not quite in hibernation, but I have definately lost any impetus to finish it. Still a sleeve and a half to go. To combat the boredom I have started to make this:


Looks rather like a giant's beret doesn't it? It is going to be cover for our pouffe. We inherited a small pleather footstool from W's Grandad which is losing its buttons and is sadly mistreated by our children, so I thought it was about time it was given a little TLC. It is made in the finest washable acrylic- Stylecraft Special DK that I originally bought to make some bunting. This picture does not quite capture the acidity of the colours- it is very bright and just right for our home.  Can't wait to finish it!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment