Monday 14 March 2011

End of an era

Last weekend saw the removal of the cot from Miss T's bedroom. It has lasted six and a half years and four babies and has been put up and taken down so often that it practically fell apart when we looked at it. It stands now in the front yard, looking sad, awaiting a trip to the recycling centre:



I am at once pleased and saddened by its exit from our lives. When I put it out there my heart tightened, just a little bit.

But not as much as it did when I first saw Miss T, all tiny and baby-like in her new bed, snuggled up under a blanket my mum knitted for me when I was born.



In the week she has been in it, do you know, she has not got out of bed once?! How fabulous is that? We just say 'Goodnight, love you, stay in your bed please', AND SHE DOES!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment