Wednesday 16 March 2011

What can I say about Wednesdays?

Today has held some lovely moments: Custard telling me that 'Daddy has tongle-itis'; Miss T telling me 'Lub oo'; getting the supermarket shopping done wothout any shouting, climbing or escapees; taking a quiet hour to finish the top I was making (more of that another day).

But, and here's the rub, today has also held some classic Wednesdayisms: Custard kicking Miss T in the face; Custard telling me I am an idiot (an old favourite, making a welcome return); Custard having a tantrum on the street; Mouse hating everyone (loudly); Custard disappearing for five minutes during the busy school run (wearing a brown jacket so he was pretty much camouflaged); Miss T telling me: 'not fred more' (You are not my friend anymore) at least a thousand times; the discovery that we need a not-unexpected-but-rather-more-immediate-than-we-thought MOT tomorrow, which has completely ruined my plans for the day. And then. of course, there was Swimming. Grr.

I am sitting in my living room listening to my children in the kitchen. They are drinking hot chocolate and squabbling about nothing at all, very loudly. My ears hurt. I want a glass of wine Right Now.

Close eyes, press fingers to temples, deep breath.

Let's look at a photo from the weekend shall we? This is FHB and his cousin, my Niece-who-has-no-plan. She was four and we had fireworks:


Look- FHB has magic coming out of his fingers!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment