Wednesday 30 March 2011

Three days...


Hello! A quick coffee and a ginger snap for me before Miss T and myself return to our marathon clean-up. I have been cleaning my house for three days so far and I have not finished yet. Three days! Horror!

I should say here that this is more in the nature of a Spring Clean, rather than the weekly (fortnightly!) flapping of a duster, but even so. I am Astounded at the amount of broken, unused grot we have knocking around. And the dust... goodness, all I can say is that I am glad Toot has just given me a decent hoover!

Anyway, today has been devoted entirely to the boy's room, because frankly, by yesterday afternoon I just couldn't face tackling it, so I cleared all the 'easy' jobs instead. I have sorted everything into boxes- cars, action figures, hats, marbles, Top Trumps, explorer stuff, dressing up, weaponry (I have tried to hide that box), remote control toys, Playmobil, Lego, Meccano, magnets, drawing, pants, socks etc.

It will last precisely four minutes once they are home from school. In the meantime I intend to revel in a tidy room.

While I was sorting FHB's bookshelf of doom, I found a little ID card that he had filled all his details in on.

Aah, I thought.

Then I turned it over...


Translation: To Mummy   I'm a beast   I should be punished

Me: Small sob

Am now wondering whether we are the most horrid parents ever, or whether the FHB is one seriously clever boy.

Have a lovely day...x

No comments:

Post a Comment