Thursday 24 March 2011

Sunshiney flowers

After our few days away, Miss T and I returned bearing these:


A thank you gift from my lovely sister-in-law, after I pointed out that we have never made it to their house during sunflower season. (This is a great tragedy because my brother-in-law is a champion sunflower grower. Last year they had a tunnel of them!) And indeed, they are just my favourite flowers ever! They are looking very fine on my dining room table, shoved in a two pint beer stein (Goodness knows where all the vases have gone).

These come close to sunflowers for sheer happiness value:



Two bunches from Toot and two from W, plonked in the blue jug from Toot's loft. They are making me feel extremely pleased.

And I didn't miss the magnolia flowering! It is It was so pretty! I would show you how pretty, but Somebody small and male, who likes sticks, has bashed all the petals off. Hopefully the rest will come out soon and I'll get a snap for posterity.

Oh well. It is just not worth getting upset about, is it? And I'll tell you what- it's a lot easier not to get upset when the sun is shining, even if a small-boy-who-is-big-enough-to-know-better did wake us up at five this morning by sitting in the middle of our bed staring at us intently like a weirdo. Happy happy!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment